It’s not because God is great and I’m small;

It’s not because God is great and I’m small

It’s not because God is great and I’m small;
It’s not because He lives forever
And my life is but a handbreadth;
It’s not because of the difference
Between His omniscience and my ignorance,
His strength and my weakness,
That I’m parted from Him.
Your sins have separated
Between you and your God.
No man, build he Babels ever so high,
Can reach thither.
There’s one means by which
The separation is at an end,
By which all objective hindrances to union
And all subjective hindrances
Are alike swept away.
Christ has come, and in Him
The heavens have bended down to touch
And, touching, to bless this low earth,
And man and God are at one once more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Waoooh... Thats Right Lee

Unknown said...

We are because He is.